Monday, August 13, 2012

RUBBISHY LIFESTYLE OF THE FILIPINOS.....

I have been writing since I was a kid.
Aside from writing lots of genres, I also love reading not only books but also reading gestures, facial expressions, movements including mannerism, the ways people act and do things. And when I read all these things, I have come to realize that the subject under observation has become so familiar to me. 

A person's lifestyle is one of these things that I have loved to read and learn. As an educator and trainer, I do believe that a person's lifestyle brings her successes.

An online dictionary defines ''lifestyle'' as follows:
" life·style also life-style or life style  (lfstl)n. A way of life or style of living that reflects the attitudes and values of a person or group"   Therefore, if I study and learn the lifestyle of a person, I can also discover her attitudes and values. In the past few weeks, the Philippines was under attack of typhoon Gener. Most towns and provinces in Metro Manila were underwater. Some suffered from rubbish floods. This is one of the photos that caught my attention. The reason why I have decided to write this blog tonight.
  Filipinos suffer from floods because of their attitudes. They have not learned how to throw garbage properly. They dispose garbage everywhere. They are so stubborn, hardheaded, and not submissive to authority. They don't know how to follow at once. Or shall I say, they never follow unless, you will give them lots of favours. They need to experience something fatal first before they learn the lessons of life. And when they lose their loved ones, they blame their government and the people around them. They never look back and contemplate what they did in the past. When something bad happens, they find fault with anyone around them or point their fingers at someone innocent of the crime. Please read the story of this photo here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2032012/Garbage-landslide-Five-people-missing-rubbish-floods-city-dump-site-walls-collapse-Typhoon-Nanmadol.html
  If Filipinos won't change their RUBBISHY LIFESTYLES, if Filipinos won't change their attitudes of throwing, getting rid of, and disposing of garbage everywhere, there'll come a time that the whole Philippines will NOT ONLY be underwater, but also under RUBBISH FLOODS!   Garbage Management must be part of the school curricula.    To learn how to manage garbage and  trash, I am inviting you to a two-hour presentation on September 1, 2012 at 3P.M. at the BRIDGES&BLITZ Training Centre.   Call +639187857807 to register.   Thank you. 

No comments: